Harris Kern is one of the world’s leading life, leadership, and organization mentors and is also a master of self-discipline.
Harris Kern has helped companies and individuals maximize their earnings potential for over 25 years, both through his own consulting company and as former Global EVP at Sun Microsystems. He is an international corporate performance, leadership and business coach who is a frequent speaker and seminar leader at business, leadership and management conferences. Harris’ passion is to motivate employees to produce outstanding results by teaching them how to be disciplined to stay focused on company goals. He pioneered the Discipline Mentoring Program and Professional/Personal Growth Program (P²GP).
Harris is one of the world’s leading life, career, and organization mentors and is also a master of self-discipline. His discipline mentoring program is the ultimate resource to achieve success, and is the key ingredient to self-mastery.
Maximize Your Employees’ Output
Harris works individually with your most promising managers to instill discipline (i.e., effective time management practices, accountability, sense of urgency, etc.). He also teaches your employees how to maximize their Emotional Quotient (EQ) skills: clearer communication, relationship building, and personal leadership skills. Companies that make this investment enjoy increased cooperation between departments and are more productive.
Earn More and Reduce Labor Costs
Harris is recognized as the foremost authority on providing practical guidance for solving management issues and challenges. He helps organizations stay competitive by re-focusing resources on people, processes and performance. His gift is the ability to produce higher shareholder value without adding additional resources.
His client list reads like a who’s who of American and International Business: Standard & Poor’s, Sony Pictures, GE, The Weather Channel, Time Inc., Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminal, and hundreds of other Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies.
Harris Walks The Talk
Harris lives every day with a sense of urgency! Life is short and he makes use of every minute NOT hour or day! Several of his achievements are:
- Exercises every day of the year
- Traveled to every continent and hundreds of cities all over the world (logged over 4 million miles)
- Established several successful businesses
- Purchased first home at the age of 19 in the San Francisco Bay area
- Trained his mind and body to sleep 4 hours a night
- Financially independent at 38
- Graced the cover of Hot Rod magazine with his show car and speed boat at the age of 21
Some people consider this routine too extreme, but at 60 years old Harris has mastered the ultimate level of discipline and believes the body and mind should be pushed to the max every day. He has been dedicated to living this way for over 30 years. Harris never pushes his clients in this manner unless of course they want to be this disciplined.
Hire Harris Kern and You’ll Get Harris Kern in Person
Harris’ greatest assets are a caring demeanor, incomparable energy, and desire to help people manage their life efficiently. He wants to help as many people as possible fulfill their goals and aspirations. That’s why Harris personally completes each client engagement. You won’t get someone who has studied Harris’ program – you get the master himself.
Harris has written over 40 books including the following titles:
- Live Like You Are Dying: Make Your Life Count Moment By Moment
- Going From Undisciplined to Self-Mastery: Five Simple Steps to Get You There
- DISCIPLINE: Six Steps to Unleashing Your Hidden Potential
- DISCIPLINE: Training the Mind to Manage Your Life
- DISCIPLINE: Mentoring Children For Success
- DISCIPLINE: Take Control of Your Life
- On Being a Workaholic: Using Balance and Discipline to Live a Better and More Efficient Life
Harris is also the founder and driving force behind the Harris Kern Enterprise Computing Institute (www.harriskern.com) that leverages his 30+year career in IT senior management. Harris brought together the industry’s leading minds to publish “how-to” textbooks on the critical issues the IT industry faces. The Prentice Hall series includes titles such as:
- IT Services
- High Availability
- CIO Wisdom, CIO Wisdom II
- Managing IT as an Investment