How To Be Succesful In Life Introduction
Make managing finances a priority. Throughout my life the #1 priority was and still is money. I always associated finances with career/business. I earn, invest and save continuously. It’s important to have enough money to live comfortably. Having money makes life much more enjoyable and fun when you can go wherever you want or do whatever your heart pleases.
- Travel the world
- Buy that dream home
- Purchase that expensive sports car or just a good reliable car
- Give more money to charity
Effectively managing finances is crucial to living a good life (i.e., debt free, having the resources to do the things you’ve always wanted to do and maintaining a good relationship). More marriages break up due to financial issues than any other reason! Be proactive – don’t let this happen to you.
Many people don’t manage finances effectively and pay the price for it later – no pun intended. Individuals do not establish any sort of budget, which typically means they don’t know how much they actually spend – then they get into credit card debt and don’t even realize that they spend more than they make. Having financial difficulties could derail progress in every facet of your life.
How To Be Succesful In Life
Be smart about finances. Make good financial management practices a priority. Develop a budget, track your expenses, grow your savings account, etc. Below are a few tips on how to save effectively:
Deposit something into your account consistently and frequently:
- Preferably bi-monthly or monthly. If you have the option of depositing automatically through your company payroll deduction system, then do so. If that option is not available and you get paid bi-monthly then deposit funds into your savings account manually. You should also try to deposit extra funds even if it’s only a small amount (i.e., $20.00, $50.00, etc.). The key is to constantly watch your balance grow.
- Your mind will always want to look for more – but will never be satisfied.
- Eventually your mind will get bored at looking at the same number and will always force you to deposit more. It’s a major sense of accomplishment to see that number increase frequently. The more frequent the better – your mind will be trained to anticipate a growing balance.
- Converse with yourself repeatedly “I NEED TO BEAT THAT NUMBER”. Even if it’s only by a few dollars.
Do not tap into your savings account:
- You can NEVER withdraw money from your savings account.
─ If you withdraw funds one time you will want to do it again and again. Have a ‘hands-off’ policy. Your savings are only for major purchases (i.e., home) or for a major emergency (i.e., loss of employment).
- Establish realistic savings goals. I need to have xx dollars in my savings account in 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, etc.).
Equate money to your career or business:
- Typically the more you make the more succesful you are. Making money is your #1 priority – say it dozens of times each day! MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, etc. Tell yourself repeatedly that the world evolves around money. It’s sad to say but in this day and age – it’s VERY true.
SAVE BABY SAVE!!!!
How To Be Succesful In Life
Experienced Life Coach has a personal and very passionate style with extraordinary credentials. Harris Kern has over twenty-five years experience as a life coach, leadership and organization performance mentor, IT management consultant, speaker and author of over 40 books. To learn more about Mr. Kern visit: www.disciplinementor.com for individual coaching and visit: www.disciplinetheorganization.com for organization performance coaching and learn more about how to be succesful in life.