Life Coach Austin Introduction
Life Coach Austin recommends not wasting time (i.e., thinking about the next scene on that TV reality show you’re watching or perhaps staring at 4 walls while you’re sitting waiting for your doctor’s appointment). Always strategize on how to make improvements in your life. Think in terms of realistic changes. One of the biggest mistakes people make in life is constantly thinking in grandiose terms. If you’re really unproductive right now isn’t it better to think of ways to make realistic improvements? Thinking large is good occasionally but you need to start making subtle improvements now. Strategize on how to make simple changes in your life. Once you make improvements you will gain confidence and you will want more.
Life Coach Austin Suggests Looking Forward
Always look forward to achieve success: How can I accomplish my goals faster? How can I be more efficient today? How can I make more money? How can I create more services that people will want to purchase? How can I be healthier? You are programming that personal computer you carry in your head to be goal oriented, creative, resourceful and a problem solver.
Visualize your future and how you want it to be. Doodle it out on a piece of paper. Make it real. Make it solid. The more energy you put into creating your future, the better it acts as a magnet to attract what you need.
You can create a vision board, using photos and drawings that symbolize what you want in your future.
Where you are going in different areas of your life?
Be sure to visualize alternative solutions to complete your goals. Emergencies or other potentially negative events could derail your progress. Always have backup plans to complete your goals due to:
- Economic downturn
- Corporate merger
Everything should support your long-term objectives.
- Align your actions to your values
- Align your actions and daily routines to your goals
- Align milestones to goals
- Align your priorities and goals
They can be things you want to do, things you want to purchase or things you want to be.
- What you want to achieve
- Major purchases (home, car, etc.)
- Places you want to travel
The rules you use to achieve success. Examples might be:
- Never give up
- Always be fair in business dealings.
- Think with a sense of urgency
- Continuously challenge yourself
- Always strategize to achieve perfection
The backup tactics to ensure success.
- How you are going to achieve your goals?
- How will you handle emergencies that could derail progress?
You need to get something done that requires several steps. This is a project. Examples could be:
- Building a tree house for your daughter
- Developing a new software program
- Moving your corporate offices from one location to another
Flexibility Versus Fixed Ideas
One acquires fixed ideas along the way. Assumptions not examined that you picked up from your culture, family or friends.
- Flexibility is being able to change ones ideas as new data comes in
- Being able to adapt to any situation
Old vs. New Perspective
In times of change it is easy to want to cling to the familiar. However, one needs to think out of the box and be able to learn new technologies, face new challenges, and solve new problems.
What does that mean?
There is a lot of talk about being in the now. Now is good but without context, it doesn’t have much meaning. You give your life context with your goals.
If you only stay in the now, you run the risk of getting lost and distracted. Your actions here and now lead into the future. Tomorrow comes.
Getting stuck on what happened in the past is not fun. If you made a mistake, understand what happened, institute a policy so it doesn’t happen again and move on. Just as you got back up when you were learning to walk. If you do this, it will make the difference between success and failure.
Whether it’s your career, health or a relationship continuously strategize to improve the situation.
- How can I complete my milestones in a more efficient manner?
- How can I complete that project ahead of schedule?
- How can I make more money?
- Although my department doesn’t have a training budget how can I acquire the skills I need?
- How can I get my foot into management?
- How can I get more out of my workout?
- How can I get more done in less time?
- How can I change my routine frequently so I don’t get bored?
- How can I spend more quality time with my family?
- How can I communicate better with my significant other?
- How can we take more vacations together?
Don’t just settle! Don’t stop there – continuously strategize to improve your life.
Life Coach Austin Biography
Experienced Life Coach Austin has a personal and very passionate style with extraordinary credentials. Harris Kern has over twenty-five years experience as a life coach, leadership and organization performance mentor, IT management consultant, speaker and author of over 40 books. To learn more about Mr. Kern visit: www.disciplinementor.com for individual coaching and visit: www.disciplinetheorganization.com for organization performance coaching and learn more about Life Coach Austin.