Life Coach Toronto Introduction
People have the most difficult time getting out of bed. Their minds will use all types of tricks to convince them to stay in that bed for just a few more minutes…Your internal saboteur will throw everything at you to derail your progress – trying to keep you in that bed longer. One of the biggest time wasters in your life is lounging around in bed too long. Just 10 minutes a day add up to 2.5 days of your life down the drain every year. How many people do you know that only lounge around for 10 minutes each morning?
Life Coach Toronto Provides Tips For Getting Out Of Bed Promptly
Below are a few tips to help you get out of bed promptly.
Excuse#1: I’m tired I’ll just stay in bed for another 10 minutes…
Tell yourself repeatedly:
- Another 10 minutes add up to XX hours of wasted time for the year.
- If you’re exhausted another 10 minutes of sleep will not help.
- If I lounge around in bed today I will do the same thing tomorrow.
Excuse #2: I need to sleep a few extra hours – I don’t want to feel tired later in the afternoon.
- It’s all about how productive you can be NOW. We all get tired later in the day after putting in a hard day of work. You’re always going to be more energetic and more creative at the beginning of your work day.
- Take a quick 10-20 minute power nap later in the day. Power naps are very effective. Just a quick snooze and you’ll get a second wind.
- Do some sort of physical activity. Something light to get the blood flowing – I’m not talking a major workout.
- If you work from home then get up from in front of that computer and clean something – perhaps the kitchen (put the dishes away) or organize your office. If you don’t feel like cleaning – take a walk around the block.
- If you work at an office building then get up and take a quick walk around the building – perhaps return some of your voicemails while walking to utilize your time efficiently. This serves several purposes: gets the blood flowing to wake you up and burns a few extra calories.
Excuse #3: Its cold outside – I don’t want to get out of this warm bed to exercise.
- Simplify your morning routine. Go to bed with your clean workout clothes on. It’s much easier then having to get up and change into your workout clothes especially when it’s cold or raining outside.
- Set multiple alarm clocks. Keep one of them far away from the bed so you will have to get up to turn it off.
Excuse #4: I need more sleep – 5 hours wasn’t enough last night. I need at least 8 hours of sleep a night or I will be prone to becoming sick more frequently.
- There is no medical data that suggests not getting ample sleep for 1 or 2 nights will cause you to get sick more often. I’ve been burning the candle at both ends for over 3 decades – I don’t get sick more than the average person (I-2 colds a year).
Life Coach Toronto Biography
Experienced Life Coach Toronto has a personal and very passionate style with extraordinary credentials. Harris Kern has over twenty-five years experience as a life coach, leadership and organization performance mentor, IT management consultant, speaker and author of over 40 books. To learn more about Mr. Kern visit: www.disciplinementor.com for individual coaching and visit: www.disciplinetheorganization.com for organization performance coaching and learn more about Life Coach Toronto.